Gummy candy is one of my favorite sweet treats! Every time I go to any candy store, I make sure I buy a pack of gummy candies — bears, worms, etc. Yumyum!
Since I love cooking or preparing foods, I decided to make my own gummy candies. Making these sweet treats is easy as counting 1-2-3. All you need is a flavored gelatin, unflavored gelatin, water and some molds. Here are the complete ingredients:
- 1 package flavored gelatin
- 6 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Superfine sugar (optional)
- Candy molds
Here are the steps in making homemade gummy candies:
- Mix the unflavored gelatin and the flavored gelatin together in a saucepan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cold water. Keep stirring the mixture until it turns into a soft ball or glob. For a deeper color gummy candy, add a few drops of food color to the mixture when you add the cold water. Use the food coloring that matches the color of the flavored gelatin, if desired.
- Heat the mixture in the saucepan on a medium temperature making sure to keep stirring until all of the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the candy molds. If you want a light sugar coating on your gummy candies, sprinkle superfine sugar lightly over it when you place them in the molds.
- Put the molds into the freezer for 10 minutes, allowing them to cool.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and pop your gummy candies out of the candy molds.
- Store your gummy candies in an airtight container or plastic storage bag with a zip closure.